Do you struggle without a cup of coffee in the morning? Are blackberries your favorite snack? Do you love Italian cuisine? Though these foods and drinks may seem like a normal part of your life, they actually contribute to tooth stains. How can you fight these stains and protect your white, beautiful smile?
How To Prevent Stains
There are many steps you can take that prevent stains from developing in your teeth. Some of these steps include the following:
- Avoid staining substances like darkly pigmented, acidic, and sugary foods and drinks.
- Quit tobacco use
- Use a straw when drinking staining beverages
- Chew on sugar-free gum to increase saliva flow and clean pigments off of teeth
- Drink water after consuming staining foods and drinks
- Regularly brush and floss your teeth as well as visit the dentist
How To Restore A White Smile
If you already have stains on your smile, there are several ways you can renew its pearly white color, including the following:
- Use a whitening toothpaste for surface stains
- Try some take-home whitening products
- Ask our dentist about our professional, in-office whitening procedure
- Cover stains with dental veneers or crowns
When you follow the advice above, then you can have a gorgeous, white smile. Please call Dr. Steve Lebo and our team today to learn more.